Wet vulva

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Nadia91
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My smile
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: No words

Wet vulva

Unread post by Nadia91 »

Hello,
Something new happened when I touched myself and now I'm worried. I was rubbing my vulva yesterday which became incredibly wet, but noticed the wetness wasn't from my vagina as that was fairly dry. Also the consistency was very different. This wetness felt more like sweat? I'm worried because
1. I don't know what or why this is happening and if it is normal/supposed to happen.
2. I don't feel a sensation in touching my clit when the whole area is incredibly wet, and I don't want to finger myself.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Wet vulva

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Nadia91!

I don't think I can say for sure what caused this wetness, but I can say that it was probably benign. You don't have to worry about it. Do you think it is possible that the wetness was from urine? There would be nothing wrong with that, it can happen from time to time.
Nadia91
not a newbie

Unread post by Nadia91 »

It definitely wasn't urine. So this happened yesterday evening, but in the morning when it happened I could feel my clit going in and my outer lips closing if that makes sense?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

So, there is a fluid literally called "vaginal sweat." It's not the same as sweat, but it is a similar consistency, and it's something that often happens when a person becomes sexually aroused. It also isn't just vaginal, it's also vulval.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Nadia91
not a newbie

Unread post by Nadia91 »

Hi Heather,
Thank you for your response. But wouldn't I then be wet in my vagina too? I mean I didn't touch the inside but just the entrance to get some wetness, rubbed in on my clit in circles or whatever I did, and then my lips got wet but the vagina dried up? How can it be the vulva is wet but not vagina? Would it not be the other way round ie the vagina gets wet first?
Nadine E.

Unread post by Nadine E. »

Hi Nadia91,

Do you think this could possibly be ejaculation? With ejaculation, the fluid is released from the urethra - where we urinate - though the liquid itself is not urine. And this would be unrelated to your vagina being wet. I recommend checking this piece out for more on ejaculation, and you can let us know if this could be what you're experiencing - how does that sound?
Nadia91
not a newbie

Unread post by Nadia91 »

I didn't orgasm so I don't think it's that. I was talking it through with a friend, and am wondering maybe I was overly hot? Not in a sexual way, but in a covered under too many layers way, so maybe my hand rubbing against my skin caused sweat?
Nadine E.

Unread post by Nadine E. »

It could be that you were very warm, so do see if it feels different next time when you have fewer layers. And as Heather said, sweat can be released when aroused anyway.

I will note, though, that ejaculation from the vulva isn't necessarily related to orgasm - it can actually happen without any orgasm at all. And its sensation is separate from an orgasm. That piece I linked to talks more about that.
Nadia91
not a newbie

Unread post by Nadia91 »

Thank you for the link and advice. I will definitely try without so many layers next time.
Nadia91
not a newbie

Unread post by Nadia91 »

Can you please also give any advice on my 2nd question ?

2. I don't feel a sensation in touching my clit when the whole area is incredibly wet, and I don't want to finger myself.

I'm really hoping it'll be different when I'm with a partner otherwise it'd be weird.
Andy
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Andy »

Hi Nadia91, I’m glad the advice was helpful!

As for your second question, the area being wet means there is less friction which can definitely change how touching it feels. Do you think it could help to have some clean towel or paper tissues at hand so you can wipe off the excess fluid when needed?

When you say it would be weird to experience that with a partner, what about that exactly do you think would make it weird?
I’m asking because when we decide to be sexual with someone, it should be someone who understands that when there are bodies involved in sex, things like this can and do happen, otherwise they just wouldn’t be a good partner. Doing some involuntary things, like producing fluids, is what everyone’s bodies do and there really isn’t anything wrong or shameful about that.
'The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42'
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic