late ovulation

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Lyle Lanley
not a newbie
Pronouns: any
Sexual identity: genderqueer bisexual butch

late ovulation

Unread post by Lyle Lanley »

lately i've been getting symptoms of ovulation when it should be my PMS days. i've always had a very regular cycle so this seems odd to me.
ever since i started school, sometimes nearly every day i'll get strong uterine cramps that i usually get when i ovulate. one day i even had the typical discharge of those days.
and today i was feeling more "desire" than usual, but not as overwhelming as it usually is when i ovulate.
when this stuff started, my app said that there were 6 days until my next period, and today they were 3.
i don't know what's happening
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: late ovulation

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Lyle Lanley!

It isn't that unusual for cycles to change a bit from time to time. Based on what I understand of your situation, there isn't anything to worry about. But is there anything specific that you're concerned about? Are the cramps too painful or disruptive?
Lyle Lanley
not a newbie
Pronouns: any
Sexual identity: genderqueer bisexual butch

Unread post by Lyle Lanley »

hi Latha.

and nevermind about ovulation, my discharge today is red and brown which indicates that i'm about to begin menstruating.

although i thought that you only get cramps *during* the bleeding, not a few days before?

and the discharge and feelings were just random.

but yes, they are painful but i don't know if they're normal? more qnd more people are realising that debilitating period pain is sign of a problem. but these cramps are strong and hurt a lot, even more if i laugh or try to breathe in deep. still i don't think there's an underlying problem
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Lyle Lanley,

Cramps can happen as part of PMS, as well as during a period itself. It really just depends on the person and how their body is behaving during that menstrual cycle. If you notice the cramps don't seem tied to your period--in other words, they started way before it and/or continue way after it--that would be something to see a healthcare provider about.

In case you're curious, there are actually a lot of factors that can influence when a period arrives, so some of this may be due to one or more of those:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?. Or, as Latha said, to the fact that some cycle irregularity is to be expected, especially in the first few years of having one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic