Can't find / feel clitoris

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Osumilite
not a newbie
Pronouns: any

Can't find / feel clitoris

Unread post by Osumilite »

Transmasc here.

I can't seem to find my clitoris. I've used mirrors, and I do not see anything at all. I do not see a clitoral hood or the glands. I've tried pulling things back to see if it was hidden under somewhere, but I still cannot find it. I've tried navigating through sensation as well, but even then, when I touch myself in the area It's normally supposed to be, I do not feel anything. And yes, I've tried looking for it/touching it while aroused.

When I'm having fantasies, I do feel a sensation in the area the clitoris is supposed to be, and it can get really intense as if I was actually stimulating it. However, when I actually go to touch it, nothing comes of it.

I'd appreciate any help or feedback.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Can't find / feel clitoris

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there, Osumilite. Welcoem to the boards. :)

Before I say anything else, I have a couple questions to fill in some information gaps for myself about your situation.

1) Have you ever had a sexual health exam where a healthcare provider physically examined your genitals?
2) Have you ever seen the external clitoris on other bodies to have a sense of what it can look like?
3) Do you have any sense that any of this is related to any kind of dysphoria for you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Osumilite
not a newbie

I have not had any exam.

I have seen images of them on other people, and I had tried looking again a lot more persistently this time, and I believe I have found it. I tried pulling things back again and I saw a small nub lighter than the rest of my vulva, and it was in the location I've seen other people's clitoris glands, so I think that's it.

Fortunately, I do not have bottom dysphoria, so I don't think its related to discomfort with my body. Though, I have had other stressors/distractions that may be interfering. Specifically, I feel really impatient and stressed about trying to receive pleasure right away. Adding on, after I've gotten myself in the mood, right as I go to touch myself I completely dry up, so there might be some sort of block in my brain.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Aha! It does indeed sound like you found your clitoral glans.

Thanks for answering those questions for me. It does sound like you might be putting some pressure on to your body to perform that could be some of why you're not feeling a lot of sensation there.

Too, the whole of the clitoris is WAY bigger than the small glans and hood we can see on the outside, even though there are an awful lot of sensory nerves bundled into those relatively tiny areas. (more here: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... s_and_more)

Because of that -- and because we're all just so different in what feels good or doesn't -- how, where and how much of the clitoris people stimulate, when they do makes or breaks a lot of what feels good or doesn't to someone. For example, while one person might get a lot of sensation from direct contact with just the glans, and like that a lot, someone else might instead only feel a lot and feel satisfied with sensation that comes from engaging other parts of, or more of the whole of, the clitoris, like from cupping the whole mons with a hand or toy for sensation, rubbing the whole mons against something, or engaging some of the internal portions of the clitoris with vaginal things while ALSO doing things to bring sensation to the outer portions.

So, it may be that some of this is a combo of both you being too demanding with your body and your want for response AND not engaging with your clitoris yet in the ways that are a real fit for your unique body. What do you think?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Osumilite
not a newbie

I think that's very helpful, thank you! I'll keep those things in mind next time and try to explore my body more.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Glad to be of help. You know where to find us if you want to pick this up again or want help with something else!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic