Nipple discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
littlemissp
not a newbie
Primary language: Portuguese

Nipple discharge

Unread post by littlemissp »

Hi guys,

i've recently noticed some clear/transparent nipple discharge coming out of both my nipples after applying pressure. It's not much but it's not something I've ever noticed up until recently. I've had my period about a week ago after taking the pill for 2 months without interruption. I know that sometimes my body reacts differently when I do take the pill continuously but I've never noticed this and I'm actually freaking out about it. Do you have any idea about what this could be?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Nipple discharge

Unread post by Mo »

Nipple discharge on its own isn't necessarily a problem or a sign of some other underlying issue, so hopefully you can take a deep breath and freak out a little less. :) This is something you could mention to your doctor the next time you have an appointment, but unless you're having some other kind of issue with your breasts (such as significant pain/tenderness or lumps) along with the discharge, I don't think it requires an immediate call or visit to your doctor. Just keep an eye on it; if the discharge changes, sticks around for a long time, or you notice any of the things I mentioned above, that might be time to check with a doctor, but it doesn't sound like a particular cause for concern right now.
littlemissp
not a newbie
Primary language: Portuguese

Unread post by littlemissp »

Thank you so much Mo! No, I don't have any other symptom, I was just scared because it was the first time it happened and, also, now everything is pretty much closed so it's more difficult to get an appointment with a doctor. Either way, thank you for your help. I've also read in my pill that it is a side effect of it (rare but it is).
Thank you for helping :)
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

I'm glad that helps ease your mind a bit!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic