Semen in anal canal

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ShadowSong21
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My adaptability
Primary language: Polish/English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Girl(non-binary) / Pansexual-Demisexual

Semen in anal canal

Unread post by ShadowSong21 »

Hello, it's been quite a long time since I decided to not bother you with my overwhelming dysphoria.

I wanted to ask if leaving semen in anal canal for longer period of time can have negative effects? Can it cause digestive issues, stomach pain, gas, loose stool or anything else?
Thanks for the answer upfront :)
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Semen in anal canal

Unread post by Siân »

Hi ShadowSong,

Welcome back! You know, talking about the things you're struggling with - including dysphoria - is what we're here for. You're never bothering us. Looking back at your previous thread though, I see we missed your last reply - I'm sorry about that. We can pick it up again if you'd like?

On your question, no there is no problem with leaving semen in the anal canal to pass naturally with your stool. The only thing to bear in mind is that if you're having anal intercourse without condoms this is a high-risk activity when it comes to STI transmission, so you'll want to be sure that you're only ditching the barriers if you're in a monogamous relationship where both partners have been tested.
ShadowSong21
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My adaptability
Primary language: Polish/English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Girl(non-binary) / Pansexual-Demisexual

Unread post by ShadowSong21 »

Yes I'm am in such a relationship and we both went to test ourselves and we're fine, "clean"

And it's kind of strange cause I could've sworn that my body can go nuts somewhat after having semen there for a period of time. But maybe I'm imagining it.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Well, it’s not going to remain in your body for long in the first place, but no, unless you have a semen allergy or sensitivity - and some people do, but even for those people it won’t cause digestive issues unless they have digested it, a thing that can’t happen when it’s not been swallowed - there’s nothing it does inside the anus, or way it just is, to cause irritation.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic