turned on feeling goes away with masturbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
notbella
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm loyal
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Curious

turned on feeling goes away with masturbation

Unread post by notbella »

I read a lot of fiction and have a very active imagination. I mostly read thrillers but every once in a while I get a hankering for those those romance-y type books with hot love scenes and erotic fiction. And like any other normal female, I get turned on but I don't really do anything about it. I just let the feeling pass.

When I was younger I like to rub against my pillow because it felt good. I tried touching myself and fingering tentatively but it never does anything for me so I just stopped.

Anyway, once when we were on the subject of masturbation my boyfriend told me that he wants to watch me do it, and I told him that I don't masturbate. He said that maybe I should try again cause it's been years and I was a virgin then so maybe I don't really know how to do it then.

So last night, while reading a trashy novel, I got turned on and started to feel myself getting wet. I remember what my boyfriend said, so I tentatively touched my labia and it felt good. I slid one finger in, felt the wetness, and started to rub my inner labia slowly all the way to my clit. It felt amazing, but as I kept doing it, my vagina started to dry up. I still felt a but turned on but my arousal is starting to go away.

Is there anything wrong with me that I can't stimulate myself without a partner?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: turned on feeling goes away with masturbation

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi notbella,

There's nothing wrong with not enjoying masturbation or masturbating infrequently. In the situation you described, there could be a few things going on. One is that the dryness you felt means you needed a bit more lube, and the dryness itself can cause discomfort which diminishes or kills your arousal. Too, if you were feeling pressure to feel pleasure, that can actually stress you out and lead to you not enjoying what's going on. This is an article I think you might find helpful: How Do You Masturbate?

I also want to ask, are you feeling comfortable with your boyfriend's request to masturbate in front of him? Or is it something you'd rather not do?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic