super delay period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Nyam101help
Awesomeness Quotient: Smart but fool sometimes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: her
Sexual identity: straight

super delay period

Unread post by Nyam101help »

I have read many responses here about dry humping. We did dry humping dec 9. I had my thin panties and he is naked. It says NO RISK ON PREGNANCY. I concluded that I'm not pregnant though i havent take pregnancy test. My expected period date is Dec 13. When I realized my period is a week late, is started to feel anxious about it. I am experiencing pregnancy symptoms which i thought its just the PMS symtomps. I keep on waiting and praying for my period everyday but it wont come. It freaks me out!! Now,My period is almost 2 weeks LATE. I am more stressed. I decided to take HPT this week. Im scared. I have read articles about repeating HPT if its negative and still no period.

Does anxiety make my period more late? How can I overcome it? Please help.

Ps. Sorry for my english
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: super delay period

Unread post by Heather »

No worries about the English, it's just fine! (Often, the English of non-native speakers here is as good if not better than the English of native speakers. :))

Can you fill me in on your dates for your periods over the last 3-6 months? I ask because people freaking out about late periods frequently don't even have late periods, they just haven't done the math correctly. So, if that's the issue, we can probably put all of this worry to you in short order.

Even in the event your period is late, menstrual periods will be later than expected now and then, and even just skip sometimes. Cycles also often shift or change throughout a lifetime, so sometimes there's just one of those shifts happening.

By all means, if someone is very stressed out and isn't managing their stress, that can also impact menstrual or fertility cycles, as can things like changes in rest or activity, in eating patterns, the works.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Nyam101help

Here's the dates on the past 5 months period

July 8
August 17
September ( i dont remember but i am pretty sure i had my period)
October 13
November 15
December ????

I understand why my period date varies. I'm a busy engineering student so sometimes i cant pay attention to my physical health. Stress in school is always present. A week delay is normal, but more than that is something that i should be worried about.

I forgot to mention that i am having a lower abdominal pain/ cramps and back aches. It hurts when i pee. I can feel a little burning sensation on my "v" after peeing. I also have a history of UTI. I dont know if it has a connection to my delay period. If I have an infection, do you think it can affect my ovulation which is the cause of my late period?

Lately, ( this month since its christmas vacation, foods in the philippines is everywhere) I had been eating a lot. Maybe i gained a little weight (another possible cause)

I get really stressed and anxious whenever i think about this. Right now my lower abdomen cramps, and my stomach is bloated like i'm going to throw up

Can i do something about this?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi nyam,

I think this piece might be really helpful for you right now, since you're having some symptoms that are worrying you: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul
Nyam101help

I did pregnancy test today. Since its my first time, i read the instructions carefully Its not my first morning urine but i trust the result (negative) What a relief.

If my period wont come after a week, do i have to take another pregnancy test?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

You haven't reported being part of anything that could create a pregnancy, so no, there's no need to take another pregnancy test.

Are you still having some burning while and after you pee? If you are, it's best to check in with a healthcare provider, because that sounds like you may have a UTI. If the symptoms don't go away within a day or so, it's important to get checked and treated. When you see the healthcare provider, do also tell them about the back aches and lower abdominal pain you told us about. Plenty of things can cause those pains (like being pre-menstrual, for example), but it's important the healthcare provider has all the information.

Being ill in general or having any infection can cause temporary disruption to the menstrual cycle, including getting your period late. It sounds like you've had some changes to routine this month, which can impact the menstrual cycle, and from your dates, it looks like your period can be irregular anyway. Altogether, your period being late like this doesn't sound like any cause for concern.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic