I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
personal
Awesomeness Quotient: nothing
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: single/stright

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Unread post by personal »

Hi. I have been feeling really down a lot lately because all of my friends are ignoring me and everyone hates me. That is not an exaggeration. I have been told many times by many different classmates that I am a nobody that I should leave and that they hate me. I have done nothing wrong but stick up for what I believe in. I am a very confident person and I believe in doing things for others. In my classmates eyes I am strong. That's why I am not afraid to slap someone in front of the whole class because they were calling me a ''bitch'' and a ''nobody'' and everyone was laughing. Inside I am crumbling. I am terrified of the future ahead. Everyone is getting boyfriends, kisses and getting attentions. I am therefor fat, ugly and no one likes me. Inside I feel like I want, NEED that attention and its kind of scary. I don't want to fall for someone when I am yet to figure myself out. Please help me be conferrable in my skin. Please help me decide who I need in my life that would leave a smile on my face. I am so desperate for those ''goodnight x'' and ''good morning beautiful'' texts. At the moment I am not sexually attracted into anyone so I don't know what to do. Please help!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi personal,

I am so sorry that your classmates are treating you that way. You may have tried this already, but is there a teacher at the school you trust to tell about how they're acting? Because, if I had to guess, that kind of behavior violates some school rules, and it could help to have someone able to back you up and maybe make it stop (or at least decrease).

It's not weird or unusual to want positive attention or affection from other people. But, I will say to be cautious of convincing yourself that everyone else is romantically involved already. It may certainly feel like it, but plenty of people your age (or older) have not had a partner yet or started dating yet. And I think it's very wise of you to not want to rush into it when you feel like you have some relationship building to do with yourself.

So, lets talk about what you can do for yourself. One thing to try, if you haven't before, is to check out the body positivity movement. It's a movement that's all about learning to love (or at least be okay with) looking differently than society tells you to. You could also try building a mini self-care routine to do each day, as a way of being nice to yourself when other people are being jerks (if you want some tips, this is a great piece: Self-Care a La Carte ). If you'd like, we can also brainstorm some ways to meet new friends and other cool people, so that you have people to hang out with.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic