Pill and Heat

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
aj2234
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Pill and Heat

Unread post by aj2234 »

Hi, my boyfriend and I were just after a little piece of mind. I keep my pill packet in a small case in a drawer in my boyfriends room. Today the temperature outside was 37 Celsius. We had the air con on for most of the day, but in the evening it was switched off, and the room probably reached a high temperature like that. The drawer felt slightly more than room temp. It would have been like this for three hours or less.

We were just double checking if this would affect the pill? I have checked the foil blister side of the pill packet and I think it looks normal. The plastic side has little dents, but I'm guessing it's wear and tear. Is there any other precaution we can take (regarding the pill) in these situations? Thank you.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Pill and Heat

Unread post by Redskies »

If the pills and the packaging looked normal, it doesn't sound like these circumstances caused any kind of an issue. Really, though, your best source of information on any medication concerns woud be a pharmacist.

You've said in your previous threads that you have some difficulties with anxiety and with worries about your pill. How've you been doing with managing your anxiety? Do you think there are any additions or alterations to what you've been doing that might help you?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
aj2234
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Pill and Heat

Unread post by aj2234 »

Okay thank you. I have been a lot less anxious more recently. This was more of a specific issue that we were both concerned about because we were shocked by the heat of the room. I've found out more about how the pill works, and I've been communicating about risks and such with my boyfriend a bit better. So, even though I'm still asking questions, I do feel a lot more confident in my pill taking.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic