First month of using the pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Purplewookie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Straight girl/boy

First month of using the pill

Unread post by Purplewookie »

Hi I'm 16 and I have just started my second month of the combined pill (rigevidon)

On my first 21 pack of pills EVER I had sex on the 21st day of the pill (last pill before 7 daybreak) when I had sex the condom broke however my partner had not ejaculated. We stopped immediately.

During the 7 day break I had a withdrawal bleed and felt fine I just want to know if I am protected and is there a chance I'm pregnant - on a side note I started the pill that month on the first day of my period, a lot of people say if u do that then you are protected immediately

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP IM REALLY WORRYING
Purplewookie

Re: First month of using the pill

Hi I'm 16 and I have just started my second month of the combined pill (rigevidon)

On my first 21 pack of pills EVER I had sex on the 21st day of the pill (last pill before 7 daybreak) when I had sex the condom broke however my partner had not ejaculated. We stopped immediately.

During the 7 day break I had a withdrawal bleed and felt fine I just want to know if I am protected and is there a chance I'm pregnant - on a side note I started the pill that month on the first day of my period, a lot of people say if u do that then you are protected immediately

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP IM REALLY WORRYING
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Purplewookie,

I'm going to quote from this article: Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)
"When you first start the pill, when it will be fully effective depends both on when you start it, as well as your own body chemistry. For most people who start the pill either on the first day of their period or the first Sunday after a period, any brand of combination pill will likely be effective after seven days of use, but here at Scarleteen, as many other credible sources suggest, we advise users to give their pills one full cycle before going without a backup to play it safe."

So, by the time this incident occured, you were either close to or at full protection from the pill. Plus, you used the withdrawl method (you can read about the combined effectiveness of those two methods here: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method ). So, while you did have some risk of pregnancy, it was a fairly low one. At this point, if you are worried, you can wait until enough time has elapsed to take a pregnancy test.
Purplewookie

Thankyou soo much this has really calmed my nerves couldn't of been more helpful thankyou x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic