Pregnacy Possibilities: Comparing Information from Different Sites?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
scarleeteen1984
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Pregnacy Possibilities: Comparing Information from Different Sites?

Unread post by scarleeteen1984 »

I've been reading articles on Scarleteen (super-straight forward and helpful) and a number of other reputable sites, including those listed as links on the 'Can I Get Pregnant or Get or Pass on an STI From That?' article and the 'The Pregnancy Panic Companion' articles.
I was a little confused/frustrated that all the other sources I've seen are really vague on the risks from 'dry humping'. Scarleteen was the only reputable source I've seen that specifically categorized it as a 'no pregnancy risk,' as far as I understood.
I'd really like some help understanding what I'm reading. What's the difference between those articles and Scarleteen? It's just really intimidating to try and understand what's real and what's not.
Is it because Scarleteen specifies that it's 'dry humping' and there's no pregnancy risk as long as at least someone's wearing clothes, and the other sites didn't specify the clothing?
Does it remain 'dry humping' if the male does ejaculate and the partners continue humping but don't remove clothing at any point?
It's very stressful because I've felt comfortable dry humping -- I'm wearing clothes, we aren't having vaginal intercourse -- but the more I've tried to read about safe sex, the more afraid I've become that this was actually a risky choice with serious consequences.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnacy Possibilities: Comparing Information from Different Sites?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Scarleeteen,

We actually ask that users not ask us to explain why other sites have the information that they do, because that's simply not something we can do. We put the information on our site based upon the most reliable data available. If you feel like you want help working out which sources are reliable and which are not, this is a great piece: Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic