Vomiting & diarrhoea

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
jkdavies

Vomiting & diarrhoea

Unread post by jkdavies »

Hi,

I have been ill for the last few days and usually take my combined contraceptive pill (Microgynon 30) at 9.30pm each night. I am in my 3rd week of the pill packet and I took my pill as usual last night. However I vomited at 1.30am, so around 4 hours after I took the pill.

I then took a replacement pill at 8.30am this morning (so around 7 hours since I had been sick), in case the original pill had been missed. However, I then had diarrhoea at 10.30am this morning, so 2 hours after taking the replacement pill.

I am stuck on how I should proceed. I contacted a pharmacist and they weren't 100% sure, but I think I should take another pill now and then take further pills as usual. Please could you give me a second opinion on this?

Thank you

Jessica
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Vomiting & diarrhoea

Unread post by Heather »

I'd advise taking your pill as usual, but just use a backup method -- like condoms -- for any intercourse while you're still sick (though you probably aren't exactly racing to have sex when you're feeling like this!) and for seven days after all the sick stops. That's the more conservative route to go, but I'm usually of the mind that safe is always better than sorry.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic