First Time Worries

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
thecatalogue
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an artist who makes comics and smutty things.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight and LGBT supportive

First Time Worries

Unread post by thecatalogue »

I don't know if this will get flagged or not but this is something I'm legitimately worried about.
So I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend of a year and a bit and I'm kind of worried that his penis won't fit. The entire first time it hurt really badly (we used an internal condom and a ton of lubrication) and he was only a quarter of the way in. Is this normal for the first time? And will it stay like this forever or does your vagina stretch?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: First Time Worries

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, thecatalogue. Welcome to the boards! :)

Vaginas do not come in static sizes. It is a muscle that will expand when you are aroused and how much it "stretches" will depend on how aroused and relaxed you are. There's the myth that sex must hurt the first time (which is totally false!) but it is most likely because is normal to be nervous and anxious about something we are trying for the first time.

So, I would say is not that uncommon to feel that pain but it doesn't have to be that way at all. If you make sure to take the time you need to be aroused enough, and make sure you are relaxed, pain shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I want to add that feeling pain IS a sign to stop and try something different. Pain is the way your body is telling you that something is not working quite well and is always good to listen to our bodies. :)
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

Just wanted to add that we have an article on painful intercourse on the main site you might want to check out: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
thecatalogue
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an artist who makes comics and smutty things.
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight and LGBT supportive

Unread post by thecatalogue »

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic