Was this safe?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
nokatprotested
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Was this safe?

Unread post by nokatprotested »

As everyone on this site probably knows (lol sorry), I have severe anxiety about pregnancy. Everything freaks me out, even just living with guys, and my irregular periods don't help, so I started taking birth control pills last month. I completed the pack and got my period on the 4th day of placebo week. Then, the night I was supposed to take my first active pill, I was at a concert and was unable to take my pill at my usua 8:00pm time, so I took it when I got home at 11:30pm and continued taking my pills at 8:00pm daily since then (give or take 20 minutes), am I still completely 100% safe (meaning in still taking the pill correctly and safely)? This isn't considered a missed or late pill?
Amanda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I ran a marathon!
Pronouns: she/her or they/them
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: Was this safe?

Unread post by Amanda »

With combined pills (which is probably what you take, unless it is specifically labeled as pregesterone only or "mini pill"), you have a 12-hour "safe window" before a pill is considered late. So even if you are engaging in activities that pose pregnancy risk, you can consider yourself protected. :)

How have you been coping with pregnancy anxiety lately? Do you experience anxiety in general, or see a counselor at all?
"We must not see any person as an abstraction. Instead, we must see in every person a universe with its own secrets, with its own treasures, with its own sources of anguish, and with some measure of triumph." -Elie Wiesel
nokatprotested
not a newbie

Re: Was this safe?

Unread post by nokatprotested »

I take Mononessa, which I think is a combo pill, but I may be wrong.
So even if I take the first pill 3 hours late, then took it at my usual time (give or take 20-30min) for 4 days, then had to take my pill 2 hours early to avoid taking it late again because of a football game, it will be fine?
If you say this is fine, why is it so important to take your pills at the same time daily? Also, I've read that you're at the greatest risk of ovulating if you miss a pill during the 1st week of active pills, is this true? If so, does it apply to me?
The "risk" (which I'm almost certain is not a risk at all) was on Wednesday (right in the middle of my screwed up pill taking), which is why my anxiety is going crazy. All we did was lay down next to each other (I made sure NOT to put my leg around him since this triggered me last time) and we made out a bit and I gave him a hand job through his jeans (I was wearing cotton leggings). Then we got up and I went to change into jeans before we left the house. After I changed we made out a little more while standing up but our lower halves were pressed together which, I didn't know would scare me so badly, apparently isn't very good for my anxiety.
And thank you for asking about my anxiety, I do not go to a counselor, but I've started talking more with my boyfriend about how terrified I am of completely harmless things so now he understands not to push any boundaries I set whatsoever. But he's supposed to be camping overnight with my family next weekend which I know will cause me so much anxiety because I'll be sleeping with him. Is there anything I can do to help with that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic