Signs period is coming?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
nokatprotested
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Signs period is coming?

Unread post by nokatprotested »

What are some thing I should be looking for to tell when my period is coming? I'm expecting it to come in 4-8 days. I'm trying to ease my mind and convince myself I'm going to get my period this month after a dry sex scare. I know there's "0% chance" of sperm going through clothing so I'm not "at risk," but I'd like to know for sure my period is coming. Are there even signs I can look for?
Emma
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of travel and exploration!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Don't use any :)

Re: Signs period is coming?

Unread post by Emma »

Hi, nokatprotested--the real issue here isn't looking for signs your period is coming (the most reliable signs would be cramps, noticeable PMS, and discharge, but since everyone with a vagina has unique and sometimes random menstrual patterns, no signs are surefire), but the fact that you, as you have acknowledged, have zero risk of pregnancy and yet you don't believe that fact (check out Pregnancy Scared? for more info). Your level of anxiety indicates that you're not entirely ready for or comfortable with dry sex, so consider taking a step back and evaluating what you're willing/able to do with your partner in the future!
"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better." — Haruki Murakami
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic