Why exactly is DIRECT contact needed?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
xJulie130x
not a newbie

Why exactly is DIRECT contact needed?

Unread post by xJulie130x »

I've been experiencing some confusion as I go over the articles here about sperm cells and reproduction. I was reading another thread where a volunteer here explained exactly how sperm cannot travel through clothing to cause pregnancy and that really clarified some questions I've been having regarding dry sex, but I'm still stressed about having pre-cum on fingers. I touched my boyfriends penis and I'm not sure if I got some pre on my finger. I then began to fix my underwear where I came into contact with my vagina after. How come there's no risk? Isn't there a chance of sperm being in the pre-cum fluids? What makes the direct contact more likely to cause a pregnancy than indirect contact like a finger?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Why exactly is DIRECT contact needed?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Thanks for making your own thread, Julie. Welcome to Scarleteen. :)

Direct means exactly that: DIRECT. Penis touching a vulva or vagina without any kind of barriers between them. When you are talking about a finger that touched a penis (and yes, semen or pre-ejaculate) we are not talking about a direct contact.

If you want to learn about how pregnancy does happen you can take a look at this: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... production

Hope this helps! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic