UTI

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
emmyg51

UTI

Unread post by emmyg51 »

I just found out that I may have a UTI. My boyfriend preformed oral on me yesterday. I read online that since its in your urethia it's unlikely I can give him something. Is this true. I know it's not great for me since he put his mouth there but will he get anything?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: UTI

Unread post by Heather »

You don't have to worry about spreading a UTI to someone else, they're not infectious in that way.

But by all means, if you two are going to have unprotected oral sex, or any other kind of unprotected sex, you'll want to be aware that other infections can be. So, ideally, if you both haven't had recent screenings for STIs, you want to use safer sex at least until you a) have been exclusive sexually for at least six months, and b) have then both had a recent screening.

You can both get those screenings any time if you haven't before, and switch back to using safer sex until those results come in if you want to play this as safe as you can. Do you need any help or information about safer sex or where to get tested?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic