Spill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dolly68
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Spill

Unread post by Dolly68 »

Hi tonight when I took my birth control pill some water spilled on the back of my packet. (the side with the aluminum foil) Is it a problem? Can the water seep through and get the pills wet? Should I get a new pack?
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Spill

Unread post by Johanna »

If the pack is not broken, this should not be a problem. The packaging is supposed to protect the pill, so unless it's damaged in some way, it should have been doing its job.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Dolly68
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Dolly68 »

Thanks. I actually have another question today. I have told you before that I take my pills continuously. My doctor allows me too and he feels its good for me because of my irregular periods and moodiness. Last nigt I was extremely stressed out and crying. Today I had some cramping and I saw some light pink staining. Can this be due to the stress? Am I still protected when staining? Does that mean I should continue my pills and was just stress or get off the active pills and let a period come? Does spotting mean its a period coming through? Lastly, back to what you said earlier, about the water spilling on the pack, if the seal is closed And the pill looks normal is it safe to assume it's fine? I have had another time when moisturizer spilled in my bag. That's why Im asking. I want to know I i have any future concerns Because sometimes I worry about the pill losing effectiveness when things like that happen...
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

As Johanna already pointed, if the pack is not broken it should be fine. Maybe you want to find a different place to keep your pills just to avoid anymore worries? Maybe put them in a plastic bag. :)

Spotting has many, many reasons, from stress to a change in diet, sleeping, exercise, etc. So there's no way to tell you why you are having some now. But if you are taking your pills the way they were prescribed then you can trust you are fully covered any time. :)
Locked Previous topicNext topic