"The Talk"

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
theatregirl1999
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual

"The Talk"

Unread post by theatregirl1999 »

HI! I need help. I am 15 years old (in highschool) and my parents still have not had "the talk" with me. I am sexually curious and almost all of my friends have had sex or partners (they are older than me).They sometimes talk about sex and I really do not know much about it. I have never had sex or a partner. I do masturbate but I only discovered recently I was doing it wrong. I really want to ask my parents and I need help approaching them. Please give me some pointers or help me find a way to ask them. I really do not know how to handle a sexual situation if something does happen. I am scared I will not be ready for one if it does come. Please help me...
theatregirl1999
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Re: "The Talk"

Unread post by theatregirl1999 »

I would appreciate an urgent reply.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Sexual identity: queer

Re: "The Talk"

Unread post by Karyn »

How you approach this with your parents depends a lot on what your relationship with them is like and how comfortable you feel discussing more sensitive topics with them in general. Also, have they ever mentioned anything about sex or sexuality that might give you a bit of a clue what their values/beliefs are like? Sometimes that can be a bit of a guide when it comes to starting conversations.

In the meantime, we have literally hundreds of articles and advice pieces on the main site that you can read to get started educating yourself. If there's one topic in particular you're curious about, I can put together a list of pieces to get you started if you like.

(Btw, please be patient. We answer questions as quickly as possible, but we do make it clear in the user guidelines that you may have to wait 24-48 hours for a response. Thanks.)
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic