Is it bad I've never had a girlfriend?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Babymanel
Awesomeness Quotient: My sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Bro and dude
Sexual identity: Straight

Is it bad I've never had a girlfriend?

Unread post by Babymanel »

So I'm 16 and haven't kissed a girl yet or even been in a relationship and for people I hear I'm not a bad looking guy and I'm pretty well liked throughout the sophomore class. Is this bad?
Nico
Awesomeness Quotient: My singing voice
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Re: Is it bad I've never had a girlfriend?

Unread post by Nico »

Not at all. Everyone has there times! I was 11, not quite a wise choice. If you want a girlfriend go on dates with people! Talk to people a lot! Find someone you can trust, who is friendly, sweet, and anything else you might look for in a girl. If you are just looking for appearance, you need to wait a bit longer. If you understand it is about the way YOU feel and the other person feels, go for it! Just stay calm, don't try to be someone you are not, and be honest with yourself and it will be easy! Trust me; I know about girls from being one and dating them ;)
I'm here if you need any advice! :D
XOXO ~Nico
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is it bad I've never had a girlfriend?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Babymanel,

Nope, it's not bad at all. People take different amounts of time to end up in relationships, and a lot of it depends on sheer luck (as in, am I near someone I like who also happens to like me so we can date). So, this is nothing to stress about :) And, it can be helpful to remember that, while sometimes it feels like everyone else is in a relationship or is way ahead of you in the dating game, that's actually not true (we just tend to notice the people who are in relationships when we feel like we're missing out)

Also, Nico, while you're advice is appreciated, we ask that this part of the boards only be for volunteers and staff to answer user questions, not for users to answer other users. Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic