Is this a pregnancy risk

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
qwerty42

Is this a pregnancy risk

Unread post by qwerty42 »

I was messing around with a girl. I might have touched the tip of my penis where there was pre-cum (can't remember). Then, I fingered her. Is there a possibility of pregnancy occurring in these circumstances? This thread says that it is "theoretically possible" http://sexetc.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=10706
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is this a pregnancy risk

Unread post by Johanna »

Welcome to Scarleteen, qwerty. We cannot comment about the content of other sites - if you have questions about something posted on another site, you can ask them there.

if you want more information about whether the situation you described poses a risk, you can check out this article: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... _companion
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
qwerty42

Thanks but the text is kind of consugin, it says that there is no risk if you have" Had any contact with pre-ejaculate but NOT during intercourse or direct (where people are naked, without any clothing or undergarments) genital-to-genital contact" Is intercourse specifically when a penis is inserted or does it include fingers?
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Johanna »

Intercourse is specifically when a penis is inserted in a vagina. When you are using fingers, that would be called fingering or manual sex.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
qwerty42

OK thanks! so there is "no risk" according to the article right?
qwerty42

Even though I know there's no risk, I'm still worried about pregnancy and I'm not sure why.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Okay. So, then the page in that you'll want to take a look at is this one, as the suggestions there are most relevant to your situation: http://www.scarleteen.com/the_pregnancy ... s_negative

If you need help taking any of the next steps suggested there (though obviously, most of them are for a person who could themselves become pregnant), feel free to post back, and we can talk about them with you.

Ultimately, though, we're not going to be able to figure out the why of your continued worries: that is going to be something you'll need to mostly do for yourself. That information is inside your head, which is much more accessible to you than it is to us. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic