Period stopped after one day on yasmin

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
mj2002

Period stopped after one day on yasmin

Unread post by mj2002 »

Girlfriend began taking micro lite. After two months she stopped as periods were becoming very bad. She then stopped taking any birth control for two months to let her body get back to normal. During this this time we used condoms for any sexual activity and we did not have intercourse during this period. her second period coming off the micro lite came two days early. She then began to take yasmin on the first day of her period. Her period then pretty much stopped. Is this normal?
Her first period was 25 days and second was 23 days. I know this defies logic, rational and intelligence. But is there any way that bleeding could have been implantation bleeding or could it have been the fact she started taking the pill again. Once again I know how ridiculous this sounds but it just got me thinking
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period stopped after one day on yasmin

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi mj2002,

So, many people experience some weirdness in their menstrual cycle when they start the pill, since their body is adjusting to being on it. And, with her starting one, using it for two months, then stopping for two months, then starting a new type of pill, that could definitely cause her cycle to become a little wonky. I would say that the irregular bleeding is her most likely her body trying to adjust itself again
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic