Period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Ms. Candy
Awesomeness Quotient: my vibe
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her/They/Them
Sexual identity: Demiromantic

Period

Unread post by Ms. Candy »

Im 18 female and have been on the pill since i was 12 years old due to horrid period cramps. since last year i would sometimes get my period twice a month and it just started regulating in September 2023. Until now, March 2024, I got my period 3 times this month, both natural and artificial from the sugar pills. My cramps are still as painful as usual but my blood flow is a little more severe. I am not sexually active and ive only drank maybe 3 cups of alcohol in the past 4 months. Should I be worried?
Andy
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period

Unread post by Andy »

Hi there Ms. Candy!

Before anything else, there is a discrepancy between the age you stated in your profile and in your post, could you please clarify which one is right?

As for your questions, I’m sorry you are experiencing this. Having periods come that often and are so painful for what seems to be a long time, could be a sign of an underlying health condition. Are you able to speak to a health-care provider about this?
'The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42'
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Ms. Candy
Awesomeness Quotient: my vibe
Pronouns: She/Her/They/Them
Sexual identity: Demiromantic

Unread post by Ms. Candy »

Hi, I thought when originally making the account I had to be 18 or older so I added a fake on.

Yes, I have a health care provider I can speak to im just worried if the issue is related to me drinking.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Ms Candy,

Don't worry, I don't think the issues with your period are related to alcohol.

In case you're concerned about this, healthcare providers don't usually report underage drinking by adults. If they ask about alcohol or drug use, they may just want to check for interactions with any medications they want to give you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic