Swollen labia Minora?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
SeanHunkius
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an artist and I love horror media! :3
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Dude/Bro
Sexual identity: Gay/mlm

Swollen labia Minora?

Unread post by SeanHunkius »

I was having pain peeing, and figured it was a UTI, since I have a history of getting them as a young child, just fork not drinking enough water. I realized the pain was only external, and one of the sides of the labia is bumpy, the part beside at the opening? And hurts when urine comes in contact with it and first, before the pain subsides as I continue. Is this dangerous? Should I let my doctor do an exam? If so, is it because I’m not super hygienic? I’m scared my mom will be mad at me for having trouble showering. I’m autistic and have always had trouble doing it.

The pain has continued for 3 days when I urinate. Otherwise, there’s no pain at all and no discomfort.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Swollen labia Minora?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi SeanHunkius,

We can't say for certain what's causing this, but if this pain has been going on for several days and doesn't seem to be getting better, I would say it's time to check in with a healthcare provider to see if there's anything going on, like an infection, the needs treating. That's especially true if you know those bumps you're feeling on your labia weren't there before. Do you know how to access that kind of care, or how to ask your mom for help accessing it? If not, we can talk about how to do that.
SeanHunkius
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an artist and I love horror media! :3
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Dude/Bro
Sexual identity: Gay/mlm

Unread post by SeanHunkius »

I don't know how, no. I'm afraid my mom will be angry at me, and that I won't get help soon enough, since my next doctor's visit is in 3 whole months.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, so it sounds like a good next step is to figure out how to get in to see someone sooner rather than later. Does your mom generally get mad at you for asking for care or for her help making things like appointments? Or is it more that you're that she'll blame this on your hygiene and refuse to help you get care?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic