Anal sex lube.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ayle1257
not a newbie
Pronouns: ayle

Anal sex lube.

Unread post by ayle1257 »

Hi there. I wanted to know that how to do safe anal sex, if I use condoms, its lube will go out and the condom will become dry after sometime. What to do then. Is spit/saliva ok to use on the penis ? I tried olive oil and i tried. It was not a good experience. Olive oil made it hard to penetrate the anus. Before that, i could insert even 3 fingers one by one and then all, without pain. But then with olive oil, wife said , she had pain and we stopped . Is coconut oil good for anal or spit works fine? Need a lube at home. Cant buy fromthe markete. Plz reply...
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Anal sex lube.

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Muhammada1257! This is a good question since it is very important to use lube when you're exploring anal sex.

Saliva is okay to use on the penis, but it doesn't make for a very good lube- it evaporates and dries quickly, and doesn't have the slippery consistency that lubes need. Coconut oil is a better option, though there are two things you should keep in mind with it. Firstly, coconut oil (and other oil-based lubes) should not be used with condoms made of latex or polyisoprene, as the oil can cause these condoms to weaken and break. If you are looking to use an oil, you may need to find condoms made of another material, like polyurethane. Secondly, using natural oils as lube can cause skin irritation in some people, so you'll need to look out for that.
ayle1257
not a newbie
Pronouns: ayle

Unread post by ayle1257 »

Thanx for reply. So what lube is the best? Is aloe vera good or i heard something about its PH value...
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi muhammada1257,

There's not one, specific lube that will work best for every situation and every person. You can read about the different options here: Lube 101: A Slick Little primer. Too, if for some reason you're not able to purchase lube at a nearby store, there are lots of places online you could potentially order it from.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic