Was this an orgasm?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Shamed
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My kindness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him

Was this an orgasm?

Unread post by Shamed »

I had a very different experience last night while masturbating. First, I've been feeling so much more relaxed and at peace about all of my masturbation habits these last few days after the conversations we've had. I've been enjoying masturbation even more than I did before, and I've been giving myself permission to explore my whole body and really take my time, so my sessions have gotten longer, sometimes an hour or more.

I mention that because I started to masturbate last night while laying in bed and trying to go to sleep. But I didn't masturbate the way I normally do. Instead, I just kept lightly running my fingers over different parts of my body, especially my chest and stomach, my thighs, my scrotum, the underside of my penis, and my glans. I don't know why I never started stroking my penis the way I normally would or look at any sexual media. What I was doing just felt relaxing and good, so I kept doing it. During this time, a lot of precum was seeping out of my penis (which, for me, is very common when I masturbate), and my penis was erect.

I must have been touching myself like this for about 45 minutes, when, all of a sudden, I could feel semen start flowing out of my penis. It didn't squirt out like it normally does, and my penis didn't buck at all. It was just a steady stream of semen. It lasted a few seconds. At first I thought I had peed on accident, but when I felt it with my fingers I quickly realized it was semen and not pee or precum.

After a few minutes, I started touching myself again the same way as I had before. And, a few minutes later it happened again! And then again. And then again. It must have happened five or six times. Did I have an orgasm? Multiple orgasms? It felt good, but there was no bucking of my penis when it happened.

I'd kind of like to experience it again now and then if I can, as it was less intense but still very good, and it was something different, though I don't think I could go this long most of the time without stroking my penis. Thank you!!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Was this an orgasm?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi FullOfQuestions,

It's hard to say for certain if what you experienced was an orgasm, since we weren't in your body experiencing it. But it is possible for orgasm to look or feel different from instance to instance, so it's possible you were just experiencing orgasm in a way that was different from what you'd experienced in the past.
Shamed
not a newbie

Unread post by Shamed »

Thanks, Sam. That certainly makes sense. But is it possible for males to have multiple orgasms like this? I can never do that when I masturbate my usual way. My penis loses it's erection and I don't feel like masturbating again for awhile, at least for a few hours. (I don't usually masturbate every few hours, though. Usually just once a day. I know.
Sometimes it seems like I'm horny a lot.) :roll:

Some posts on here written by or for people with vulvas have suggested that orgasm and squirting are not the same thing. Could that also be true for me? And do you think that might be why I was able to do it more than once at a time?
Shamed
not a newbie

Unread post by Shamed »

P.S. Hi again, Sam. I was rereading this thread just now and you probably already figured out that the word buck in my top post = the word contract. I'm sorry. I know it's probably silly, but that's what I've been calling my penis's contractions during orgasm since before I ever knew what the word contractions meant, and it has just stuck with me.

But, if I'm being honest, it's still the word that, to me, best describes the feeling of what my penis is doing when I orgasm even though it's not technically the "right" one. I also honestly just like the word bucking better than the word contractions, because the word contractions sounds so clinical and sterile to me and not like anything fun. And, of course, orgasm is supposed to be fun.

And, while I feel a little sheepish saying this, I often like to "talk dirty" to my penis when I'm masturbating, as if my penis is my sexual partner and we are making love to one another (I mean, masturbation is self love so I guess we kind of are, haha). And when I'm close to orgasm, telling my penis that I can't wait for us to buck and cum and squirt our semen together is far more exciting for me than "I can't wait for us to start contracting together". Saying those words out loud when I'm close to orgasm can really intensify my sensations and sometimes even push me over the edge. (Gosh, I know this is all very harmless, but it still makes me feel like a bit of a freak. Is this some sort of kink?)

Awhile back I read the article you guys wrote about an orgasm by any other name smelling as sweet, and that makes me think that it's probably okay to think of my penis's contractions this way if that feels right for me. But then I also wonder if maybe it's a silly and immature thing for me to do, now that I'm a little bit older and know what the "right" words are. Is this something you can kindly reassure me about? Sorry to be such a bother! And thank you!
Latha
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, FullOfQuestions- don't worry, you're not a bother!

Yes, I'd say it is possible for people to have multiple orgasms like this. I've heard people describe similar experiences before. You were masturbating in a new way, so it makes sense that your orgasm felt different as well.
Usually just once a day. I know.
Hmm, there isn't anything inherently wrong with masturbating once a day, or even with masturbating multiple times a day. So long as it isn't hurting you or getting in the way of other things that you want to do, it is fine.

It is okay for you to use the word buck to describe what is happening. I don't think it is immature or silly at all. I want to gently challenge this idea you have about the 'right' words. Language is an organic tool, built by the people who use it. The right words are the ones you can use to express what you want to say. I think your meaning was pretty clear- if we are ever unsure what you mean, we will just ask.
Gosh, I know this is all very harmless, but it still makes me feel like a bit of a freak.
You are right, this is completely harmless, and there is nothing wrong with what you're doing. It definitely doesn't make you a freak (unless you would prefer to think of yourself in that way).
Shamed
not a newbie

Unread post by Shamed »

Thank you so very much, Latha! This was such wonderful reassurance. I don't want to feel like a freak, but you just made me realize that I'm not! I'll keep doing what I'm doing then and not ever worry about it again.

Gosh, I feel totally good about all this now! And I like masturbating at least once a day. It's fun! :P

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Shamed
not a newbie

Unread post by Shamed »

So something awesome happened for me tonight that I'm excited to share. I was feeling really horny this evening, so I decided to go to bed a little early. I wanted to masturbate the way I did the other night (when I first had multiple orgasms). But I also wanted to see if I could orgasm in less time, because the other night it took me 45 minutes to have the first one.

So this time, after getting naked and climbing into bed, I went ahead and started enjoying some of my favorite sexual media. But, even though my penis quickly became erect, I didn't, unlike the other night, touch my genitals at all. I guess my thought was that I would wait until I was so incredibly aroused to touch them that I would have the same kind of multiple orgasms more quickly than I did before.

Well, I soon found myself really enjoying the feelings of being so aroused and not touching myself that I continued to resist touching my genitals even though the urge was very strong. I kept masturbating this way for maybe 30 minutes or so, and then my genitals did the most amazing (and baffling!) thing .

My penis started bucking. It bucked over and over again, but no semen came out for the first 10 or 15 seconds. (Though a lot of precum was seeping out of my penis by this time.) But then, after that, my penis started bucking more powerfully and I started squirting. It was heavenly, and the only way I can think to describe it is to say that it felt like I was having an orgasm in slow motion. It was kind of startling because I wasn't prepared for what was happening, but it felt good and I knew that I definitely didn't want it to stop. So I just surrendered myself to what was happening and just went with it and let it happen.

My penis continued bucking and squirting like this for what seemed like a very long time. And I think I had at least 10 strong squirts of semen. It felt amazing and left me feeling satisfied and relaxed and breathless.

I didn't have multiple orgasms this time like I did the other night, but I certainly didn't care. I had no idea my body could do this! I mean, I never even touched myself! Isn't this amazing? And it was so much fun! I definitely want to do it again!
Shamed
not a newbie

Unread post by Shamed »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did run my fingers lightly over some of the other parts of my body (my chest, stomach, and thighs) the same way I did a couple of nights before while I was masturbating, and I did instinctively gently rock my hips a lot, but I never touched my genitals with my fingers or directly stimulated them in any way.

I was just so amazed and thrilled that I got to have this new and wonderful experience, and so soon after the last one. And it really was a lot of fun! It's so amazing all the different ways my body can experience pleasure if I will just relax, have fun, and let myself go for it! And now finally, with your help, I'm giving myself permission to try them all without feeling any more guilt or shame. I think u guys really have convinced my brain that there is absolutely no reason not to masturbate or to feel any shame about the things I like to do. I hope that you know that what you are doing here at Scarleteen is really helping people like me. :)

I had no idea I could orgasm without directly stimulating my penis in some way. I'd like to do it more and really hope it can happen again. But I'll make sure not to put any pressure on my body and just enjoy it if and when it happens. In the meantime, there's a whole bunch of other fun things I can do to bring myself pleasure.

What do you think? Am I finally getting it? I'm feeling very happy and content with myself. Hope your weekend is awesome!
Shamed
not a newbie

Unread post by Shamed »

Hello, it's me again. Just one last time, I promise. I just wanted to say that I hope it's okay that I wanted to share this most recent new experience I had while masturbating after Sam and Latha so kindly helped me process another completely new experience I had while masturbating a couple of days before.

I'm super excited to have finally found a place where I can openly discuss and ask any questions I have about sex, and I'm also super excited to finally be letting myself explore and enjoy my sexuality. But I'll also sometimes go back and reread my most recent posts a few hours after submitting them and start to hope that I haven't been too long winded or overshared at all.

Please do let me know if my posts tend to be too long, and I will definitely try to ask fewer questions and/or make them shorter. (Though I'm also trying to make sure I'm being very clear/specific.) Dang, even this post is turning out to be kinda long! :(

You guys are awesome. I know answering everyone's questions is a lot of work, and I appreciate all of you.
Latha
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi, FullOfQuestions!

Thank you for the compliments- I’m glad you experienced something you feel so good about.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic