Need advice

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
MatrocQuokka
Awesomeness Quotient: MatrocQuokka
Pronouns: she/her

Need advice

Unread post by MatrocQuokka »

A boy at school pays attention all the time.
He meets me in front of my house to walk to school. He writes notes on Facebook and likes me everywhere.
But I don't care about relationships, I'm only interested in my studies and hobbies.
I've told him about it, but he thinks I just don't understand what I'm giving up and that I need to keep going to get that feeling inside of me.
I think this time will come naturally and I don't need to experiment with it. But my girlfriends think that I am just shy or afraid... and I need to be open to everything and try to understand whether I like it or not.
Andy
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Need advice

Unread post by Andy »

Hi MatrocQuokka, and welcome to the boards!

First of all, I’m really sorry this boy is not respecting what you told him and that you friends aren’t listening to your feelings. You are absolutely right, you don’t have to have a relationship with that boy or anyone else if you don’t want to, not now and not at any other age. Even if you were shy or afraid, that’s reason good as any other to not start a relationship unless you want to. We are the only ones who can decide what we want, not our friends or anyone else. How do you feel hearing that? Do you need help brainstorming how to talk about this with you friends or that boy? If his attention is uncomfortable we can talk about ways how to stop it as well.
'The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42'
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic