Moaning

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Ginger!!
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Moaning

Unread post by Ginger!! »

Hey! I’ve been super curious about the arousal that occurs within me when I or a male moans, whimpers, hard breathing,ect. Is there some sort of science or explanation on why those noises are so pleasurable to the human mind? Because when I hear a man moaning (sexual or not) I’m instantly turned on. Along with when I’m masturbating, I find my orgasms to be almost 10x better when I’m making noise. Genuinely just wondering, Thank you!
Andy
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Moaning

Unread post by Andy »

Hi there Ginger, that’s an interesting question!

Most sounds we make, including moaning, are a form of communication and our brains respond to that communication. Hearing someone make sounds that we associate with sex and therefore assuming that person is having a good time can make us feel aroused/want to have a good time as well. And that isn’t restricted to times when there are other people around to communicate with, like during masturbation. Think of the times that a funny video or memory made you laugh out loud even when you were alone. And as people, their sexualities and the ways their brains work are incredibly diverse, for someone making and hearing sounds can be extra pleasurable for others it won’t do much. Just like someone learns best through listening and someone else through reading.
Does that answer your question?
'The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42'
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Ginger!!
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Moaning

Unread post by Ginger!! »

Yes thanks! I appreciate the examples as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic