Late period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cyprns
Pronouns: She/her

Late period

Unread post by cyprns »

I did the yuzpe method twice last month, december 17 and december 25. i got all panicky and took two doses of the 4-12-4 dose of yuzpe and i did it twice for the month of december so in total i took 24 pills. i got my period on december 31 and it ended on january 4. i had protected sex last january 28, and i still haven’t got my period now which according to my period tracker (flo app) i am already late for 3 days. should i be worried for pregnancy (which i really don’t think much because the condom stayed intact and we checked for leaks and there is none.) or is this a possible side effect of the amount of pills i did last month (yuzpe method)?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Late period

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi cyprns,

The yuzpe method can indeed delay your period, so if it's delayed this month that may end up being why. If you used a condom for all activities that posed a risk, and the condom didn't break or come off, then you can assume the condom did it's job.

So you know, a later period is actually one that's five or more days later than the latest it was expected. Our cycles aren't perfectly regular, so it's common for periods to arrive a few days earlier or later than expected without anything being wrong. Too, unless the app you're using is having you chart things like cervical mucus and basal body temperature, it's predictions aren't going to be super-accurate in the first place.

I do also want to say that given the timing, even if your period IS late, it's unlikely to be due to pregnancy because pregnancy takes more than a few days from the date of a risk to actually occur. So you wouldn't be experiencing symptoms less than a week later.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic