pleasing my girlfriend when I have chronic pain

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cr4shjay
Awesomeness Quotient: i care for others
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: bisexual

pleasing my girlfriend when I have chronic pain

Unread post by cr4shjay »

Hi, long time reader first time poster. I have fibromyalgia. It has ups and downs. Lately it's been mostly downs.

I want to be able to do more for my girlfriend and take on a more "dominant" (but not really) role in the bedroom, but I can't even give her a handjob because the motion makes my wrists ache for literal days. I'm having a lot of trouble.

Does anybody have any resources or links to being more active in sex with chronic limb pain? Everything I see puts the disabled person in a more submissive/passive role, or focuses on pelvic pain, and that's not the issue. I want to top her, but my legs don't have the stamina to hold me up, my arms are too pained to use them for more than a few minutes at a time, and I have some sort of sensory thing going on where I can't perform any oral on her.

Sorry if this is too explicit or specific or whatever. I'm just at a loss and have been feeling horrible and unconfident. We're 20, if that matters; I'm nonbinary and have a vagina. She's gender fluid and has a penis. I feel like it really shouldn't be this difficult.

Thank you:)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: pleasing my girlfriend when I have chronic pain

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi cr4shjay,

In terms of navigating the pain in your hands, I wonder if the advice here would be helpful at all: https://www.autostraddle.com/how-to-fin ... onic-pain/. It's technically written about inserting fingers into the vaginal canal, but a lot of the advice can apply regardless of what genitals are involved. The second half of this article may also be helpful in terms of navigating all this: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... rs_in_pain

Too, have you and your girlfriend talked a lot, or at all, about what you being more dominant during sex could look like? I ask because it's likely there are ways for you two to create the dynamic you're looking for that don't automatically involve motions or positions that are painful for you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic