Ejaculate volume

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Ejaculate volume

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Hi there

My partner and I had sex yesterday but we realised that the volume of ejaculate was a lot lesser than his usual amount. We know that the more times we have sex in a day, the amount/volume of ejaculate will decrease. We had sex only once yesterday after 3 weeks of no sex but we found that the volume of ejaculation was quite little. My partner was a bit concerned so I thought I would pop on here to ask if there was anything to worry about?

He has been very stressed out and overwhelmed at work for the past 2 weeks and he hasn’t been sleeping well. Could stress and not sleeping well affect the amount of ejaculate he produces? I’m sure it does but wanting to check if there could be other reasons?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Ejaculate volume

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Juliaho90,

From what you're describing, this isn't something to worry about; as with anything involving bodies, there's going to be some variation from instance to instance, and some times when how a body reacts doesn't match with what you're expecting.

There does seem to be some research suggesting that stress might influence the amount of semen someone produces, though with sleep the research is more about number of sperm rather than the volume of ejaculation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic