Fingering pregnancy

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
coldpeper
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: male

Fingering pregnancy

Unread post by coldpeper »

This month me and my gf did only handjobs to eachother and giving eachother heads same time. Before each act of fingering her I double washed my hands and clear them with alcohol based gel. So I guess my hands were clean each time. I tried to wash them properly each time however know when anxiety kicks in I start to question everything. Now I don’t act so certain and wonder that I could have touched some precum before fingering. Se also made me cum 3 times but each time I was wearing condom.

My question is: assuming I had precum or very slim amounts of sperm (low possibility but want to ask about it also)
Is there any chance of pregnancy? Could you also give my some links of any type of info to learn as I want to educate myself. . As I was browsing internet I came across many info in which authors say that even precum may lead to pregnancy which makes me even more anxious.

Just for o record:
- my gf has PCOS
-today is 41 day of cycle- 5 days late
- last cycles were 25,40,35 days more or less
- this month we do have some rough exams which gives a lot of stress
- she had minor flu this month
- she changed her medicine regarding PCOS

Thank you for understanding and any help
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Fingering pregnancy

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Coldpeper, welcome to the boards!

Don't worry, there is no chance of pregnancy in this situation. You've come to the right place if you want to learn more about pregnancy and having safer sex- we have a lot of resources about those topics. To start, here are some things to remember:
  • Sperm are actually pretty fragile, and cannot survive being transferred between multiple surfaces, or you washing your hands. (You can read more about that here.)
  • Pre cum does not contain any sperm of its own, though it can pick up some sperm as it travels through the urethra. So, the risk of pregnancy from pre-cum is usually low, and it is lower if you urinate after you've ejaculated
And here are some articles that you might like to read
  • Birth Control Bingo This is our guide on the different kinds of birth control you can use to mitigate any risks of pregnancy.
Your girlfriend may be taking birth control pills to help with her PCOS. If that is the case, you already have one kind of protection against pregnancy. You could pair it with another form of birth control using the Buddy System, which should guarantee at least 95 percent protection against pregnancy.
coldpeper

Thanks for reply. My GF does not take any birth control, just some vitamins You know. So precum leading to pregnancy is highly unlike even close to 0 right? Thank you and I appreciate your help!
Nadine E.

Unread post by Nadine E. »

Hi there coldpeper,

I'm glad you found Latha's response helpful! As she mentioned, pre-cum can, in some situations, lead to a low chance of pregnancy. But from what you've shared with us, there isn't a chance of pregnancy in your situation.

I also second what Latha said about you coming to the right place to educate yourself, and the resources she shared are a great starting point. If you have any questions about anything you read there, just let us know!
coldpeper

Hi, today we did pregnancy test just to make sure. Turned out negative, should we do another one or may we assume that it was reliable. Of course I am talking about my post scenario. I will add some dates to make correct estimations.
Last period (12-17 DEC 2023)
fingering dates 17-21 DEC 2023 and 7-11 Jan 2024.
Test was done on 22 JAN 2024- Negative
Period still haven’t come.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi coldpeper,

As long as she took the test according to the directions about when and how to test, you two can assume it's accurate.

I do think that, given your anxiety around this and the fact that she has PCOS--which can increase cycle irregularity--you two will want to talk about only doing sexual activities where you feel informed about and comfortable with any risks present, rather than setting yourself up for another situation where you feel anxious and her period isn't arriving when she expects it to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic