Brown discharge? during ovulation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kilasm
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: female

Brown discharge? during ovulation

Unread post by kilasm »

Is it normal to have brown discharge or spotting during my ovulation? I’m scared that it’s what they call implantation or something 😭 I didn’t have sex but did something close to it like finger and stuff and today’s my ovulation day and i’m getting brown stuff!
Andy
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Brown discharge? during ovulation

Unread post by Andy »

Hi Kilasm,

Experiencing spotting around ovulation is not unusual for some people and by itself isn’t a cause for concern.

I hear you worrying about a potential pregnancy risk and you are right that fingering wouldn’t cause that but if you are sexually active and pregnancy is something you don’t want to happen, I recommended checking out this article:Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? to learn what activities can carry pregnancy risk (and other risks as well), and at the bottom of it you will find information on how to minimize those risks as well. Let us know if you if you have more questions!
'The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42'
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Brown discharge? during ovulation

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Kilasm,

I'd add that, with discharge, you also want to be mindful of whether it smells very strongly or has a very different consistency than usual if you notice it being an unfamiliar color. You can read more about the kinds of discharge that are, or are not, cause for concern here: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic