Can i get pregnant with wiped semen?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Catenjoyer
Pronouns: she/her

Can i get pregnant with wiped semen?

Unread post by Catenjoyer »

Hey, sorry if i did this wrong im new here. But is it possible for me to get pregnant if i gave my boyfriend oral and he came on his stomach, he then wiped it off with his undershirt and took it off. Some got on his pants and he touched it to see if it was sperm or something else(it shot far) I then went to wash my mouth for about 3 minutes. I came back and we started kissing for about 2 minutes until he fingered me. I couldnt feel any wetness on his fingers and there wasnt any visible leftovers on his fingers.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Can i get pregnant with wiped semen?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Catenjoyer,

Pregnancy cannot result from this scenario. In order for pregnancy to occur there needs to be direct--as in no barriers--genital to genital contact or direct contact--so no barriers and no stops along the way--contact between the vagina or vulva and ejaculate. Sperm are fragile, so they're just not going to survive all the different transfers you describe in this situation.
Catenjoyer

Unread post by Catenjoyer »

Hi, Thank you for replying but i am still a bit anxious since alot of people are saying that sperm survives getting wiped and it survives 15-20 minutes outside the body.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

So, we can't say why other sources are saying that; the answers we give are based on the most current understanding of how pregnancy does and does not happen. If you want to read about that in more detail, these two articles are great starting places: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide, Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?.

Too, not all sex information you find, especially online, is reliable. This piece is a great tool for helping you spot when a source might not be a sound place to get information: Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic