worried i recieved a used vibrator (again)

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lorelailuv
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My kindness and sense of humour
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

worried i recieved a used vibrator (again)

Unread post by lorelailuv »

I ordered a couple of vibrators from Lovehoney, but in the package I found an extra one that I did not order. I know they give free gifts if your purchase is over $60, but I didn't spend even close to that much, so I figured it must've been a mistake. I was a little excited about the extra vibe, but upon closer inspection, I'm worried it might be a used return. The box was sealed with a little plastic sticky that didn't look tampered with. There was a charging cord securely wrapped up, and the vibe itself was in a plastic bag with a piece that you pull to unzip. There was no resistance the first time opening it, which I know there is for those types of bags sometimes. When I looked at the vibrator I found a short orange string, almost like a short hair. Maybe it was some sort of dust or packaging particle, but I also saw a faint, clearish white spot on the side that was fairly large. I wasn't sure if it was maybe just glue or something (the material was silicone btw), so I put it back and decided to worry about it later. The next day, I opened it up to inspect it again, and there was absolutely no trace of anything I mentioned. The potential hair I could understand falling off, but the clear mark? Was it just dust or something, or am I so paranoid that I just completely imagined seeing it entirely? I think Lovehoney is reliable enough to not send used products, but I'm still worried.
Willa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Re: worried i recieved a used vibrator (again)

Unread post by Willa »

Hi Lorelailuv,

I'm sorry this has been a stressful process for you! Firstly Lovehoney is a large enough company that it is unlikely that they would be selling used toys back to customers, however you do not have to use any toy that will cause yourself worry or discomfort. I was wondering if you could touch on this paranoia you are feeling a bit more? This is the second time you have written into the board with this concern, so I wonder if either the process of buying these toys or something else is causing stress to the point of discomfort for you? Especially if the markings are visible one day and gone the next, it may be an indication of an anxiety response being triggered by something?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic