Relationship problems

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Willa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Re: Relationship problems

Unread post by Willa »

Hi Skybushh,

It is pretty natural human behavior to not want to bring up things that we feel may receive a negative response, but if these feelings are continually coming up in a relationship that is often cause for concern or pause. Something like making a new friend or spending time with this new friend should not be something that would hurt your partner or make you a bad partner to them. It seems pretty tiring to always be censoring yourself based on the hypothetical response of your partner, however. Reiterating Sam's point it seems this is tied to your negative inner monologue and the anxiety it is causing you. Do you ever feel like this amount of vigilance from yourself is overly taxing or unsustainable?
Skybushh
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m empathetic
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Relationship problems

Unread post by Skybushh »

I’m actually not sure. Because I have censored myself a lot when I fear any kind of negative response from somebody. So it could very much just be me overthinking or being anxious. It can be taxing sometimes yes, but I may be getting better at learning to stay quiet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic