🌈laughter fetish ??? it's the only thing i feel ???? is this okay ????

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
BillyRainbowKid
Pronouns: they/them

🌈laughter fetish ??? it's the only thing i feel ???? is this okay ????

Unread post by BillyRainbowKid »

🌈hi hello !!!!! soooo, i know for a fact i'm aroace. i've been pretty sure of that for a long time !! but. starting back in around july 2023 i realised i felt something ?? and it hasn't gone away since !! i'm pretty sure what i'm feeling is sexual desire ? i think ? but it's specifically only for laughter. i don't feel attraction to people, i don't like any parts of the body, i don't feel anything for any "normal" sexual activities...just laughter !! mainly myself laughing because i like feeling it and the idea of myself laughing but other people laughing makes me feel things too. and i've been calling it a fetish because i dunno what else i'd call it really !! but even though i do like it, and it doesn't make me sad at all that i like it, i'm just wondering if it's healthy and okay and thingys ? i can't really find anything about this on the internet as a fetish, a couple of thingys maybe but also one of them was some kinda doctors log about training a patient not to feel aroused by laughter anymore. does that mean it's a bad thing ? will it cause problems for me ?? i don't wanna stop feeling this but do i need to ? please help thank you :[
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: 🌈laughter fetish ??? it's the only thing i feel ???? is this okay ????

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, BillyRainbowKid- welcome to the boards!

Don't worry, this seems healthy and okay. A good rule of thumb for these kinds of questions is that if the behavior in question does not hurt anyone, it is not a problem. As I understand it, this doesn't seem to be hurting you or anyone else, so it doesn't need to be changed. Could this cause problems for you? Perhaps, but only because you might find yourself feeling aroused at inconvenient times- people with more conventional sexual interests can also experience that. Does this make sense?

I should mention that your interest in laughter isn't a fetish. A fetish is an object that causes a person to feel sexual desire- fetishes are not behaviors, preferences, or uncommon kinks. So this is just something you like, and that is okay!
Last edited by Latha on Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Heather reminded me that fetishes are objects.
BillyRainbowKid

🌈yea that makes sense !! and i mainly used the word fetish just because i usually see it used to mean something you need to feel aroused at all, sorry for using it wrong !! is there a word for what i was thinking of ? i think i'm gonna ask some more things too if that's okay !! first of all, is not really being interested in "normal" masturbation a normal thing ? if i want to "masturbate" i just try to make myself laugh by putting funny videos on, and that's it for me !! usually when i see people talking about thingys like this they have some kinda base interest in usual sexual things but i just don't feel the need for any of it since it doesn't involve laughter. is that normal ? also, sometimes after hanging out with my friends if i remember the day and i laughed a lot at any point i fantasize about it. is that okay or is that bad since it wasn't supposed to be sexual back then with them ??? and sometimes i like to look for comments on things like youtube because they describe how much they laughed and it turns me on, or look at videos of people laughing, i don't interact with them or anything but is it bad for me to look at it in a sexual way since it's not sexual for them ?? nothing really gets made about laughter in a sexual way so is it okay that i look at laughter related things that weren't made to be sexual in a sexual way as long as i don't involve the people in it ? i hope these questions make sense !! thanks !!
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi BillyRainbowKid,

I find that the word "preference" or even just "a like" is what people are often searching for when they use "fetish" or even "kink," since what they're describing is something that they enjoy sexually.

As far as masturbation goes, "normal" is honestly one of those concepts that isn't all that helpful. Part of that is due to the fact that human sexuality is so varied that people masturbate in a more diverse collection of ways than tends to get represented. But more than that, even if you hit on a way of masturbating that no one else did, there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. Masturbation is about finding something(s) that you enjoy, so if it feels good to you, that's kind of the main thing that matters, you know?

When it comes to masturbating to or getting aroused by things that weren't intended as sexual, there isn't anything wrong with doing that. If you were, say, leaving sexual comments in reply to those other ones, that would be an issue because you're involving that person in a sexual interaction they didn't consent to; but if you just enjoy it or use it for masturbation on your own, then you're not disregarding or disrespecting any boundaries. Does that make sense?
BillyRainbowKid

🌈that makes sense !! thanks :]
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're very welcome!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic