Withdrawal Bleeding or Period?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cyprns
Pronouns: She/her

Withdrawal Bleeding or Period?

Unread post by cyprns »

Hi! I have a question, is it withdrawal bleeding when I’m having bright red/crimson red bleeding, its flow is light, and I have blood clots? I wore a pad but it did not soak my pads full. Is it withdrawal bleeding or is it my period? When I had it my period was not due for 9/10 days. I took Yuzpe Method on December 17 and had this bleeding on December 25
Last edited by cyprns on Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ellie
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a fat liberationist! 💪
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Queer, aspec, kinky

Re: Withdrawal Bleeding or Period?

Unread post by Ellie »

Hi cyprns,

Welcome to the boards!

What you've described do sound like a side effect of the yuzpe method, but given the timing, there is also a chance that it could be a period. Have you noticed any symptoms that usually come with your period (like cramps, irritability, breast tenderness, etc)?
Clara meantime
Awesomeness Quotient: My compassion and care to others
Primary language: English and tagalog
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: None

Unread post by Clara meantime »

Hi i just want to ask regarding my concern.
On december 4 we had an unprotected sex but i used yuzpe method immediately and at dec. 12 -16 i bleed like ithought i got my period.

On december 19 we had unprotected sex again and also i took yupze method again and after 7 days @december 26 (yesterday) i bleed like period again and have blood clots and now its only small amount like spotting like. Whats that mean ? Is it beacuse of the pills i took ?
cyprns
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by cyprns »

Hi, yes. I did experience cramping but my period usually lasts for 3-5 days and this bleeding has stopped or weakened now which is December 27, 2 days after I initially had this bleeding.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

The differences here are most likely because you took the BC pills, but ultimately we can’t say for sure.

What we can help you with, though, is no longer having unprotected sex when you clearly don’t want a pregnancy. Would you like help negotiating condom use with your partner?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic