Condom fell off when he pulled out and I had cum on inner leg. Help!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Runmelon51
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I work hard everyday!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Condom fell off when he pulled out and I had cum on inner leg. Help!

Unread post by Runmelon51 »

So last night me and my boyfriend had sex (I was on my back) and it was taking a while since it kept slipping out but then he came and stayed in for around 5-10 seconds and then pulled out. However when he pulled out the condom was inside of me with cum inside of it and it was hanging out about an inch or so. I immediately took it out and I felt cum right on the inside of my leg next to my vagina. My period just ended 3 ish days ago and I immediately took an emergency contraceptive. I’m freaking out. I also feel bad for my boyfriend because I feel like he has to deal with the stress too and I just hate it. :(
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Condom fell off when he pulled out and I had cum on inner leg. Help!

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Runmelon51,

So, the risk here is much lower here than it otherwise would be because the condom came off with the opening already outside your body, though from your description there was still a chance ejaculate may have come out of it and onto your genitals in the process. It does sound like you took emergency contraception really quickly afterwards, which means you further lowered your risk, and lowered it as much as you could in this instance.

It does sound like in the future your boyfriend may want to consider a different fit of condom, and make sure that he's holding the base of the condom when he pulls out so that it can't come off as he does so.
Runmelon51
not a newbie

Hi!! Thank you so much for replying!! Yeah I think I’m just really really nervous as I don’t want to get pregnant whatsoever. I looked into it more and people said you would feel the cum inside you and I don’t think I felt anything but I was mostly worried about getting it off my leg. There was still some stuff in the condom as well when I pulled it out but I forget if it was a little bit. I hope this my choice works and I always just got put on BC on Sunday so I’m praying that this turns out fine and I’ll have no more scares.😔🙏
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Runmelon, given that you're very clear you don't want to become pregnant, would you also like to talk about other methods you can back up condom use with in the future, ongoing methods rather than EC? I'm happy to walk you through some options, if you like.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Runmelon51
not a newbie

Hi! Thankfully I just got put on BC, I’m taking my third pill today! I was supposed to get on it a week ago but I missed my appointment which kinda makes me mad because I probably would feel better about the whole situation that took place if I was on it. So this incident happened on Friday night at maybe like 12am so I guess it was technically Saturday. I took an emergency contraceptive and then Sunday is when I took my first pill. Could that also be helpful or would the pill not have had enough time to really help?
Ellie
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a fat liberationist! 💪
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Queer, aspec, kinky

Unread post by Ellie »

Hi Runmelon51,

Glad you were able to get on BC! Birth control pills are effective immediately only if you start them during the first few days of your period, but the emergency contraceptive should have been effective since you took it right away. Like Sam said, you lowered your risk as much as you could have!
Here are some other BC methods in case you're interested: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexu ... trol_bingo
Runmelon51
not a newbie

I’m hoping everything will turn out fine 😖 thank you though for all of your help!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic