tender/sensitive breasts

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kilasm
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: female

tender/sensitive breasts

Unread post by kilasm »

is it normal for your breast to be sensitive or feel tender days after breast foreplay?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: tender/sensitive breasts

Unread post by Heather »

I'm not sure what you mean by "breast foreplay." "Foreplay" is a really vague term that straight people often use to describe anything and everything they can do before intercourse. It doesn't really tell me anything about the kind of breast stimulation you're asking about.

Did what you are asking about hurt at the time? If not, then no, you shouldn't have breast pain or tenderness from this. Might you be getting close to the timing of your period? That's a much more common cause of breast tenderness. Breast growth, which is usually still happening for people around your age, can also cause that.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
kilasm
not a newbie
Sexual identity: female

Unread post by kilasm »

like touching, rubbing, and sucking the nips? days after or even weeks, ive been feeling kind of tender there and more round? if that make sense, is that normal? though i think ive been feeling that way because im close to my period which is predicted to be today (according to flo) but i havent gotten it yet.

surely its not a symptom of pregnancy right? we did dry humping with only our underwear and he came, but i quickly pulled it away im sooo paranoid especially because i still havent gotten my period today yet
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi kilasm,

Since you're likely getting close to your period, that's probably the most likely explanation, as just general touching or stimulation of the nipples or breasts isn't going to lead to them feeling sore weeks later (or even days later, unless the stimulation was very rough).

And you're correct that in this case, this can't be a symptom of pregnancy, since as long as there is at least one layer of clothing present, pregnancy cannot occur. Too, if may help to know that it's common to have periods that arrive a few days earlier or later than expected, so a period not arriving the exact day you thought it would is not instantly a sign that something is wrong.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic