hymen problems?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kilasm
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: female

hymen problems?

Unread post by kilasm »

this might be TMI but im really paranoid and overthinking this!! just a background check! im 15 and recently me and my boyfriend started being active. we haven’t fully did ‘it’ yet. though one time, he came and we were only in our underwear. however, i quickly moved it away from ‘mine’ and took my underwear off. is it possible for his sperm to go through my underwear and into ‘mine’?? another time, he was 👆 me down there. a few days later, i noticed a white thing blocking my opening. for the first few days, there was still a hole but later on it completely blocked my opening but is still capable of having a hole when peeing etc. this is the first time that i’ve noticed it, could it be my hymen? and could it be because of me being active?? is it serious? please help!
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: hymen problems?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Kilasm- welcome to the boards!

Don't worry, there is no risk of pregnancy from the situation you described. Sperm can't move through clothes like that.

Before we think about your second question, I'd like to discuss some anatomy- just to make sure we're on the same page.
This is a diagram of the vulva.
Pee comes from the urethra or the urinary opening- that's the little hole in the center of the diagram.

The hymen is a thin piece of fleshy, elastic tissue that is found just inside the entrance of the vagina. It doesn't cover the whole vaginal opening- instead, it usually has an opening in the center. And it isn't always easy to find, since it is usually the same color as the skin around the vagina.

In all likelihood, the white thing you noticed isn't serious. I wonder, have you experienced any irritation or pain down there?
kilasm
not a newbie

Unread post by kilasm »

thank you so much for responding! i’ve been really overthinking it huhu

forgive me if i made some mistakes! i’ve searched about the white thing and it came up as the hymen. but for your question, fortunately, nope. it was unusual for me bc i’ve only noticed it a few days ago. i wonder what it is 😭
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Did you touch it? Might it have been mucus/discharge rather than tissue (skin)?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
kilasm
not a newbie

Unread post by kilasm »

i’ve touched it and it feels like something hard? like something that doesn’t feel like skin or mucus/discharge. it doesn’t hurt or anything but yesterday it felt like something heavy was there? yk when you have your period and your thing hurts, but i haven’t gotten my period yet
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Unread post by Amanda B »

Hey kilasm,

Just so we're on the same page, would you be able to take a look at the diagram Latha provided and describe to me where you're seeing/feeling this white thing? Also, what kind of access to a doctor do you have, just in case it may be helpful to get everything checked out by a professional?
kilasm
not a newbie

Unread post by kilasm »

its definitely in the vaginal opening, like just slightly inside before you fully enter if you get what i mean 😭 right now, it covers the top and bottom of my opening, the bottom one is kind of thin and the top one looks kind of full?? there’s a hole now and it doesn’t look white anymore, its less whitish and more on a pinkish skintone color. if its really unknown, maybe i can ask to see a doctor?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

It doesn't sound like anything is likely actually wrong here to me, just like common variations we can see of the vulva and vaginal opening.

But periods shouldn't cause vaginal or vulval pain, if that's what you mean by "thing," and it's also usually okay to see a sexual healthcare provider if you're just curious about something on your anatomy. Plus, it really is hard for us to say if something like this is or isn't a thing to be concerned about because no one is likely to be able to know what you're seeing without seeing your body for themselves.

Since you're both curious (and concerned) and also are reporting what sounds like unusual pain with menstruation, I'd go ahead and make a medical appointment.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic