Help Pregnant or not?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Ash51
not a newbie
Pronouns: He him

Help Pregnant or not?

Unread post by Ash51 »

Hi!
My girlfriend and I were dry humping, I was completely naked but she had 2 layers of clothes on - underwear and leggings.
I’m a bit stressed since just the tip of my penis went in for a little while even though she had clothing on. I did have pre cum which worries me but I did not ejaculate. She was also in her ovulating period.
To be safe, we consulted a doctor and they said it wasn’t possible to become pregnant since there were 2 layers on and no ejaculation. Still, she took EC about 36 hours later to be safe, but we read that ECs are less effective during ovulation?
Could you please help?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Help Pregnant or not?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Ash51- welcome to the boards!

You can trust the doctor you spoke to- there isn't any risk of pregnancy in this situation. EC is indeed less effective during ovulation, but you don't have to worry about that here.
Ash51
not a newbie

Unread post by Ash51 »

Hi thank you so much for the response that relieved me a lot. To just confirm, there is no risk because we took the pill or there was no risk from the start because we had 2 layers on? Cause I’ve heard that pre cum can also contain sperm so you should be careful about that, and I was just worried about the tip going in a bit?
Thank you so much! You are doing an awesome job helping us
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Ash51,

There was not a risk in the first place because as long as there is at least one layer of clothing present, sperm are not able to get through. You can read more about why that is here: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide
Ash51
not a newbie

Unread post by Ash51 »

Thank you so much. I just had one last question? Does EC delay periods or make them arrive early? And what should the normal time frame for that look like?
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome!

And yes, a common side-effect of emergency contraception is that it can lead to an irregular cycle for a month or two. The specifics of that are hard to predict just because every body will react to it a bit differently, but generally it's a month or two rather than, say, six months of cycle irregularity.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic