1 day period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Spectexz
not a newbie
Pronouns: he/him

1 day period

Unread post by Spectexz »

Hi, I would like to ask about my girlfriend’s period. So, her period was late for the past 2 months. Usually it took more than 35 days but the period is active for 5 days which is normal. For the past 2 months my girlfriend went to pilates workout once a week. So the problem is, she got her period yesterday but it was only like small amount of blood like spotting and it only last one day. We did not have penetration sex at all, just dry humping (which is could not lead to pregnancy) 2 weeks ago. I wonder what the reason due to this problem?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: 1 day period

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Spectexz!

You're right, dry humping does not pose a risk of pregnancy. It seems like your girlfriend is having some slightly irregular periods. This can happen for a number of reasons, like stress, hormonal issues, and being on certain medications. Strenuous exercise is another possible cause, but a Pilates workout once a week shouldn't affect her cycle.

Have you talked to her about your concerns? She may have a sense of what is causing this. If her periods keep being irregular, it would be a good idea for her to visit a gynecologist. They could run some tests and give her more specific advice.
Spectexz
not a newbie

I actually did, but she said doesn’t know. She doesnt has any medications. I asked her about her stress level and anxiety about school, it seems pretty normal stress towards school work. Well shes feeling fine while me im being anxious about her period. Maybe are there any reasons that causing this?
Latha
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Ah, so you did ask her. Since she's feeling fine, she can wait a bit to see if her cycle will become regular. If it stays irregular and she doesn't know why, visiting a doctor would still be a good idea.

If I may ask, what is making you feel anxious about her cycle?
Spectexz
not a newbie

So i used to be anxious about dry humping pregnancy and there are many false information posted on dr.google. Even OB/GYN doctors are saying its impossible. Since i got information from dr.google i thought that spotting is coming from signs of pregnancy thats why i kept feeling anxious about it.

I have one more question, how long should she wait? Next period? Or next 2 cycle?

Thankyou for answering
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Spectexz,

If she misses more than two periods, that would be a time to check in with a healthcare provider to see if there are any underlying causes that need addressing. Too, if she goes several months with a one day period, I would suggest she check in then as well.

I'd suggest you both take at least a 24 hour break from searching for any information about pregnancy online; that in and of itself can keep you locked in the anxiety cycle. And when you look for information in the future, this article is really helpful in working out what's reliable and what isn't: Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online
Spectexz
not a newbie

Luckily it's just me, so my girlfriend could stress-free thinking about this. Thankyou for the information. But Scarleteen too is one of the realible sources for me and other people to learn, am i right?
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Yes, we base our answers on the most current understandings of things like how pregnancy happens. But you could also use the information in that article to evaluate us, which could be good practice for that skill.

Too, if your girlfriend isn't stressed out about it, that's an extra sign for you to dial back the anxiety around all this. The person having the period is going to have a much better of sense of when something is or isn't off with their cycle than a person who isn't experiencing it.
Spectexz
not a newbie

Thankyou, just want to let you know her period is back the day after i posted this post. Thankyou so much
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic