Hard lump in vagina

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
wendysdrivethru
Pronouns: She/her

Hard lump in vagina

Unread post by wendysdrivethru »

Pls help I’m like panicking lol
So I discovered this long hard lump in literally the middle of my vagina across from my g spot, and I can push on either side of it and it’s squishy so there’s definitely a lump going on. I don’t think it’s my cervix because 1 it’s hard and 2 it’s across from my g spot I recently noticed it and it’s only there sometimes. Idk what it is
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Hard lump in vagina

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Wendysdrivethrough

I understand why you might be panicking, but don't worry- this is manageable. If you feel comfortable, this would be a good time to see a gynecologist. We can ask questions and try to help you figure out what this is, but a doctor would be able to check and tell you for sure. (Let us know if you need help finding one.)

If I may ask, does this bump hurt? How long has it been since you noticed it?
wendysdrivethru
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by wendysdrivethru »

Hi Latha thank you for the reply!
It doesn’t hurt at all, and I noticed it the first time a couple weeks ago. The weird thing about it is it goes away after I poop (sorry that’s too) and is only there if I have to poop, so I’m wondering if it is a possible hemorrhoid in my anus pushing into my vagina occasionally. I’ll look into making a gyno appt for clarification just in case though, thank you!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

It does sound like you think: that it's your cervix.

And, because when we're pooping, we're both generally sitting at an angle, and pushing on muscles to move our bowels, it absolutely can happen that the cervix is closer to the vaginal opening then and much easier to feel.

I don't personally think this sounds like anything to worry about, but if you have access to a healthcare provider who can help you tell what part of your anatomy is what, and you want to get that care, I say go for it! That's always a great kind of appointment to have.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic