morning sickness

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
irjus876
Pronouns: he/him

morning sickness

Unread post by irjus876 »

I had sex with her on the 21 and she called in sick today... can she be pregnant THIS quick? she hasn’t been vomiting but she said she’s been sick for the past three days now every morning when she wakes up. we also used a condom too. so what’s causing morning sickness? the condom was a little wet after we took it off the outside n base but it could’ve been her being wet because after we put water n there was no holes or leaks anywhere to be found except js wet all over n the base of my penis but i pulled it out but the cum was all at the bottoms of the tip of the condom
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: morning sickness

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi irjus876

So, the short answer is: no, someone would not be showing a symptom like morning sickness ten days after an incident. Implantation (the process by which a fertilized egg implants into the wall of the uterus, which is considered the official start of a pregnancy) usually takes a couple of weeks, and only after that -- and sometimes long after, from weeks to months -- do the kinds of hormonal changes that can cause things like morning sickness tend to start.

But more than that, it sounds like you two used a condom correctly, so you can assume the condom did it's job and protected you from pregnancy. So if she's sick, it's from something else, not an early sign of pregnancy.

I do want to add that we don't recommend people fill condoms with water to check for holes. When condoms break, it's very noticeable, not a teeny tiny hole, and filling the condom can actually cause it to break, making you think it somehow failed during sex when all that happened is it's not designed to be filled with water after use. Does all that make sense?
irjus876
Pronouns: he/him

Re: morning sickness

Unread post by irjus876 »

yes that makes sense, thank you for that. she’s js gotten sick n she thought it was that but i assured her it wasn’t a sign of pregnancy because it was too early, i’ll show her this. again thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic