ball shaped lump kind of in entrance of vagina

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
anonanonymous
Pronouns: she/her

ball shaped lump kind of in entrance of vagina

Unread post by anonanonymous »

i can see when i look at it with a mirror that there is something there that looks kinda ball shaped RIGHT at the enterance to my vagina, i have seen so many things about cancer and it being my hymen or g spot or whatever and i have no symptoms of cancer, feels too thick to be my hymen and the g spot is usually more further in and flat, when i touch or press on it it doesn’t hurt or feel weird or anything but it’s just like something there but behind it it feels much more spacious, just wondering if anyone’s had this or knows what it is or am i just paranoid ahahah i am a virgin by the way if that makes any difference lol
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: ball shaped lump kind of in entrance of vagina

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there.

So, vulval cancer is very rare in young people. And the g-spot -- which is part of the internal clitoral and urethral structures -- isn't flat, but you also can't see that area from the outside anyway. The hymen also isn't ball-shaped, it's thin tissue that surrounds the vaginal opening just inside of it (though how much varies a lot from person to person and also during different periods of life).

It sounds like what you may be seeing is the anterior end of your cervix. During certain times in the fertility cycle, and depending on how you're sitting, it can be really low, though if and when it is visible without a speculum, it is worth checking in with a healthcare provider about just to make sure everything is good.

Ultimately, no one who isn't seeing what you are seeing is going to be able to tell you for sure, though. It is okay to make an appointment with a gynecologist for this reason: to get help sorting out what's what with your own anatomy and to make sure everything's fine.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic