Potential problem w/ front hole

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
androgynousbird
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Queer

Potential problem w/ front hole

Unread post by androgynousbird »

I'm 19, transmasculine, and nonbinary. Also a virgin because that might be relevant. I'm pretty uncomfortable talking about my body as it makes me dysphoric, but I'm sucking it up and posting here.

I have a thing where inserting two fingers into my front hole is painful. Specifically around the entrance - it's like the entrance is too small to properly accommodate that much stretch, and it hurts a bit. Not too much, but enough that it overrides any pleasure I'd get otherwise. It's not a testosterone/HRT issue because I had this pre-T. It doesn't seem to change based on arousal either.

Basically what I want to know is - is this normal? And if it's not normal, is there a way to fix it? And is there a way that I can get advice or fix the issue that doesn't involve seeing a gyno? Because I really, really don't want to see a gyno unless I have a serious health risk.

Thanks
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Potential problem w/ front hole

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi androgynousbird,

Oof,that sounds really uncomfortable. I do want to start by saying that, while there are different possible explanations for this, our ability to say for certain what's going on is a little limited by the fact we aren't healthcare providers who can do an examination. But we'll do our best to help you work out what might be going on.

You mention that ease of insertion doesn't seem to change based on arousal. Is that also the case for amount of lubrication? Have you noticed that things like being in a different position seem to make it less painful, or does that no seem to change the experience either?

Too, are you only trying to insert them during masturbation, or did this also crop up if you tried inserting menstrual products?
androgynousbird
Pronouns: they/them

Unread post by androgynousbird »

Thanks for your reply.
I don't think it changes based on lubrication or position. I really only tried tampons once, when I was 13 or so, and it was a very uncomfortable experience. I've heard that in most people tampons can be basically unnoticeable once they're properly in, but it wasn't like that for me at all. Admittedly I might have just been too young for it, and I was also swimming that day so that might have complicated things. Nevertheless, that was enough to make me stick to pads since :/ Those factors do make me wonder if it's an anatomical issue rather than something else.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, androgynousbird

If I may ask, have you noticed any pain while inserting a single finger? Does this pain feel like a burning or stinging sensation, or a more general ache?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic