vaginal ejaculate on pregnancy?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
rsdd23
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: heterosexual

vaginal ejaculate on pregnancy?

Unread post by rsdd23 »

so im asking whether vaginal ejaculate plays a role in pregnancy by acting as a fluid medium for sperm. i read that it contains fructose and PSA which can help the sperm in its motility and provide it food. so if some vaginal ejaculate makes its way into the vagina, and some live sperms are introduced to it by fingers, can the vaginal ejaculate act as a replacement for seminal fluid? even tho it isnt alkaline to neutralise the vagina?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: vaginal ejaculate on pregnancy?

Unread post by Heather »

I have never heard or read anything to suggest this, no. Cervical mucus plays a role, but not ejaculate from the person with the vagina. On top of that, sperm cells need THEIR fluids for reproduction, need quite a few cells -- about 500 -- to even have a chance at gamete fusion, and trace sperm on fingers isn't a way pregnancy happens because of both a lack of those fluids and because once sperm cells are on fingers, they've basically been smooshed and aren't likely viable anymore.

(Also, sperm cells don't need "food," so I'm not sure where you read what you did, but it sounds very unreliable to me.)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
rsdd23
not a newbie

Unread post by rsdd23 »

so the vaginal ejaculate cannot replace seminal fluid for transport right?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Like I said, I have never heard or read anything to suggest it can. I am a sex educator, not a scientist studying this, so I can't say with absolute authority like you seem to be asking. I can only tell you that I have never seen anything to suggest that in any reliable source.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
rsdd23
not a newbie

Unread post by rsdd23 »

okay thank you for the reply. im sorry if i sounded too demanding of an answer.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

You don't need to be sorry, it's okay. But you'll see in your other post I did suggest that if this is about something that already happened that you are worried about, I think there's a better way to approach this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic