I'm safe? help please!!!!!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
mariaaamariaaan
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes! :)
Primary language: English, Portuguese
Pronouns: She/her/hers
Sexual identity: fluid

I'm safe? help please!!!!!

Unread post by mariaaamariaaan »

Hi! I'm new to this whole thing, but I thought that you guys could help me.

So, I gave my boyfriend a BJ and he came on his belly. It stayed there for around 5 minutes. Then, he got up to clean himself, he wiped his belly with paper tissues and might have touched some sperm with his fingers. He also wiped his fingers with paper tissues. Then he made his bed and touched a bunch of random shit, like his water bottle and blah, blah, blah. Later, after around 20-30 minutes of cuddling, he touched the tip of his finger on the entrance of my vagina. Only the tip (of his finger) went a tiny bit in, nothing more. The position I was in never favoured his idea to penetrate me. His hands were completely dry. But I'm naturally a very anxious person, and I was really close to ovulation.

Could I get pregnant from this or I'm overreacting? I'm not having any symptoms or anything.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: I'm safe? help please!!!!!

Unread post by Latha »

Hi mariaaamariaaan- welcome to the boards!

No, you could not have gotten pregnant from that, don't worry.

If you'd like to learn more, here are some articles:
Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells? (Discusses how long sperm cells can survive outside the body)
Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? (Discusses pregnancy risks of different activities)
mariaaamariaaan
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes! :)
Primary language: English, Portuguese
Pronouns: She/her/hers
Sexual identity: fluid

Unread post by mariaaamariaaan »

Latha wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:06 am Hi mariaaamariaaan- welcome to the boards!

No, you could not have gotten pregnant from that, don't worry.

If you'd like to learn more, here are some articles:
Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells? (Discusses how long sperm cells can survive outside the body)
Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? (Discusses pregnancy risks of different activities)

Am I safe even if the the tip of his finger penetrated me and I was near ovulation? Sorry If i sound stupid...
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Yep, those details do not change the risk level of this. This article goes into why that is for ovulation: Let's Dial Down Some (Maybe) Ovulation Freakouts.

My recommendation would be to read through this piece, which we designed specifically to help people navigate pregnancy scares, to figure out your next steps now that you know there isn't a risk: The Pregnancy Panic Companion
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic