accident while putting condom on

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
irjus876
Pronouns: he/him

accident while putting condom on

Unread post by irjus876 »

hello, what are the chances of pregnancy for my girlfriend? we had a condom but before we had sex, a handjob was given n i came. we then proceeded to do intercourse but before i wiped off the cum from the handjob then put the condom on. i realized i put it the wrong way cs it wasn’t pulling down but the condom touched the tip of my penis. i flipped it the correct way but before using it i wiped off the outside of the condom thinking nothing will happen n it seemed fine because it wasn’t wet when i cleaned it w a smooth towel. i’m just scared of pregnancy n wondering what the chances are if precut or after cum wasn’t wiped off fully. she also said she’s supposed to have her period this coming week in about 3 days. what are the possibilities of a pregnancy??? i assume low or none at all. help please. so short story i used a condom after cumming but wiped the cum off but then proceeded to use a condom to have sex, but once i touched it w the tip only, i realized it was the wrong way so i flipped it n out it down the right way n wiped it off in case of cum because i accidentally tapped it the tip of the condom. i js wanna know the percentage of pregnancy n she’s supposed to have period this coming week. should i be worried. i’m scared as of now because of it we didn’t use it the wrong way then flip it around again to reuse it i simply js touched the tip of the condom w my penis then realized then flipped it the right way all the way down. all of the other questions n responds are making me scared n nervous because we’re still young but just clearly saying again idk if i wiped it all off completely but it was not sperm it was more precut cs it was clear when i saw it but then realized n clean the outside of the condom while having it on just in case n i cleaned it good so we wouldn’t have to worry about anything and here we are. i just wanna know the chances of risk cs it wasn’t slot it was js the tip of the outside of the condom that touched the tip of my penis until i realized before switching it the right way bc it wasn’t pulling down all the way do i stopped n flipped it around. help please
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: accident while putting condom on

Unread post by Heather »

We can't ever tell someone what the chances are a pregnancy will occur separate from effectiveness rates of any method or methods of contraception that were used. That's because knowing when and if someone will or won't become pregnant from any one given incident is just something where information is needed that no one usually has or even can have, because it has to do with the inner workings of two reproductive systems in ways that can't be accounted for.

Doing what you did with the condom unfortunately is not proper use of a condom. If and when you ever put one on the wrong way again, you need to throw that condom away and start over with a new one. Wiping just isn't effective at ridding the surface of the condom of pathogens or semen. The effectiveness of condoms used improperly is broadly 79%, which means that with errors like this, around 21 out of every 100 people will become pregnant, while 79 of every 100 will not. That's the best and most accurate estimate anyone can give either of you.

Since it sounds like your partner is concerned about pregnancy, the best approach to prevent it in this case would be for her to consider using emergency contraception. You or she can find information on that here: Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill).

It also sounds like it might be a good idea for you two to check in with each other about what you want to do moving forward so that you have the level of protection you want. That might mean reviewing together how to use condoms properly -- here is a good place for that info: All the Barriers! All the Time! -- talking about adding a second method of contraception as a failsafe, or even making sure sex that carriers any risk of pregnancy is something you both actually feel ready to deal with.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic